Cyndi Lauper Costume Make-Up Ideas
In the early 80's, Cyndi Lauper was one of the female leaders of the music industry that was taking the country (and world) by storm.
Her first solo record album title She's So Unusual, was released in 1983 and immediately shot up the charts. At the time, it was the first album by a female artist to produce four top 5 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Those four songs were "Girls Just Want To Have Fun", "Time After Time", "She Bop", and "All Through The Night".
Cyndi was also voted the Best New Artist by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Science (NARAS) in 1985 at the 27th Annual Grammy Awards.
According to Rock on the Net, Lauper was ranked Number 58 of the 100 Greatest Women of Rock & Roll by VH1, in 1999.
"Girls Just Want To Have Fun" music video:
When the working day is done, girls just want to have fun.
- Bright and colorful hair colors
- Colorful make-up: blue eye shadow, orange and pink lips, etc.
- Jelly/Gummy Bracelets - lots and lots of 'em - with fingerless gloves
- Big earrings and necklaces
- Anything clothing neon in color - Cyndi often wore dresses with boots
DIY: Cyndi Lauper Makeup Tutorial
More Favorite Cyndi Lauper Music Videos
"Time After Time"
"All Through The Night"
"Change Of Heart"
"What's Going On"