Look Just Like The Mona Lisa!
Dress up as one of the most famous paintings in the whole world - The Mona Lisa - with the help of these costume and makeup tutorials.
The Mona Lisa is the most visited and most written about piece of art in the world today. It is often referred to as La Gioconda or La Joconde and was painted by Leonardo da Vinci sometime between 1503 and 1506, or maybe even as late as 1510.
Since 1797, this piece of art has been on display at The Louvre museum in Paris, France.
Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art.
~ Leonardo da Vinci
Some Mona Lisa-inspired costume ideas to help you get started:
- A large, ornate gold frame
- Long, straight dark brown hair
- Dark colored robe with long sleeves
- Simple makeup that makes your complexion look somber
- Plain facial expression with only a slight smile
Watch these awesome video tutorials to get some more ideas and inspiration for creating your own original Mona Lisa: