Scary Clown Makeup Ideas
Coulrophobia: the fear of clowns. Could it be just an imaginary fear?
The novel IT by master horror writer Stephen King is often credited with starting the evil clown craze thanks to the book's main character, Pennywise.
Here's some memorable evil and scary clown characters and movies from pop culture:
- The Joker - Batman's arch-nemesis
- Insane Clown Posse (ICP) - An American hip-hop duo
- Pennywise the Dancing Clown - from IT
- Captain Spaulding - from Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses
- Doink the Clown - a popular '90s professional wrestling persona
- Kefka Palazzo - Final Fantasy (role-play video game) character
- Violator - from Spawn comic books
- Sweet Tooth - from Twisted Metal video game series
- Killer Clowns from Outer Space - horror comedy movie released in 1988
- Killjoy - demonic clown from the Killjoy horror films
- Clownhouse - horror film released in 1989
I'm every nightmare you've ever had. I'm your worst dream come true. I'm everything you were ever afraid of.
DIY Scary Clown Makeup Tutorials
Simplified Killer Clown Face Paint:
Turn yourself into an Evil Clown:
Evil Clown with Green Hair:
How to look like Captain Spaulding:
Pennywise Makeup How To:
IT makeup for Pennywise the Dancing Clown:
Video Clips of Pennywise from IT
The History and Psychology of Clown Being Scary:
You aren’t alone in your fear of makeup-clad entertainers; people have been frightened by clowns for centuries.